Loving this Pure Alchemy Rose Floral Water at the moment, here is some info about the healing effects – thanks Rosemary……..
Rose offers a soothing property to the nerves and emotional and psychological state of mind.
Floral waters or Hydrosols are a by product of the distilling process of various essential oils.The essential oil floats on the surface of the water during the distilling process and is scooped off leaving the remaining floral water with some essential oil still i n it.
‘Pure Alchemy’s Organic Bulgarian Damask Rose Water is unique as it comes direct from the growers in Bulgaria to ensure the highest quality Rose Water. The damask rose has always been associated with love and especially femininity. It’s vibration works on balancing the feminine aspects within both men and women and helps many female ailments. It’s green energy permeates the parasympathetic nervous system to calm balance and heal. Rose Otto is steam distilled and the oil balances circulation, relaxes the heart and is excellent in the treatment of shock and stress. The pink in Rose Otto brings with it a feeling of restfulness through acceptance of ourselves.the mixed colour signature of pink and green of the damask rose gives us grounding and confidence in ourselves but allows us to connect to our higher nature that can allow our creative side to flow.
Rose is the original and most exquisite of all floral waters. The inhalation of fragrance offers soothing properties for the nerves both emotionally psychologically. It’s water stimulates the regeneration of the skin both, hydrating and refreshing. It is a gentle cleanser, antiseptic and toner for all skin types and maintains the pH balance. Spraying your skin after a shower is nourishing and hydrating to the skin as well as moisturising for the body and excellent for dry and damaged hair.
It is alcohol free with a shelf life of three months unlike the Rose Water you find in chemists which is typically preserved in alcohol.
Something on smell if it’s of interest
- Flower scents sprayed around the bedroom before sleep result in more positive dreams according to new research.
- There are around five million receptor cells in the human nose which play a major role in the emotions and in both physical and mental health.
- It’s thought that the significant effects of smell on the brain are a relic of the life-and-death importance that smell had for early man. Those smell cells in the nose are linked to the limbic system – which in evolutionary terms is among the oldest parts of the brain – which governs emotions, behaviour and long-term memory.
- Sense of smell is also controlled from here, and in primitive man this sense would have been much more powerful, helping him to sniff out both enemies and food. But although the survival importance of smell has largely disappeared, its effects on the brain and body remain.
- As research is increasingly showing, smells can impact on almost everything, from dreams and emotions, driving, stress, to pain, concentration, memory and romance. While a whiff of lavender releases feel-good hormones and makes us happier, the scent of roses lowers blood pressure and a hint of eucalyptus improves alertness.
We offer Organic Rose Otto Persian in jojoba oil and Organic Rose Otto Damask Bulgarian Floral Water and Organic Rose Maroc (Centifolia) Absolute facial oil.